Huge bubble in bathroom ceiling

Just ignore people who aren't helpful, so many here are. mm can actually be very helpful at times, but once in awhile can't resist being "witty and wonderful" more than helpful. :-)

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

if there were a leak upstairs it would not stop at the bubble. It would still be leaking. acrylic paint will bubble up from condensation getting behind it. I hate that type of paint. it does not allow anything to breathe.

| > I noticed after taking a hot shower today that I have a huge bubble in my | > ceiling. I asked my upstairs tenant if something was leaking in their | > bathroom, and she said not that she was aware of. So I assuming the bubble | > is from me taking a shower with the door closed, and I do not have a fan | > in | > the bathroom. I have touched the bubble and there seems to be quite a lot | > of water in there. Is there anything I can do it make it dry up? Or is it | > just going to burst now. I have noticed that is it starting to drip a | > little. | >

| > Thanks!! | | If it did not break already, get a large container and pop it. They find | the leak from upstairs. They may not be aware, but there is a leak. | |

Reply to
kitchens etc.

my bet is when someone steps out of the tub/shower upstairs dripping wet the water is getting in where the floor meets the tub.

Reply to
kitchens etc.

acrylic paint will bubble up from condensation getting behind it. I hate that type of paint. it does not allow anything to breathe.

| >Get a bunch of buckets, or a biggg bucket, and get rid of anything | >that will be damaged by the spilling splattering water, and put a hole | >in the lowest part of the bubble. Have someone hold the next bucket | >in the stream above the bucket on the floor that just got filled. It | >will take all of 2 to 5 seconds so be ready to go. Even though it | >might, don't assume the water will come out where you put the hole. | >Be ready to move the bucket. | >

| >If you don't when it does burst, which could be any minute, there will | >be more damage to the ceiling and more to what's underneath. | >

| >It might be caused by your shower if your house is upside down and | >you're all walking on your heads. Otherwise it's a leak upstairs. | >

| >You have a homerepairlive address and you're asking this question? I | >think you are a troll who wasted some of my time. Grow up and stop | >being a jackass.

Reply to
kitchens etc.

and you know this how? is it because m&m's melt in your mouth and not in your hands well maybe that 1 time.

Reply to
kitchens etc.

Homerepairlive.com what a joke it is all the same questions in AHR

copy,paste copy,paste copy,paste copy,paste copy,paste copy,paste

wow that was tough

you are definitely a troll.

Reply to
kitchens etc.

We had this problem and there was no evidence of any problem from upstairs - but it was a big leak in the pipes between the two floors.

Reply to
D'Olier