Huge April Homeless Rally..California State Capital !

Huge April Homeless Rally.. Sacramento California State Capital Protest !
We believe everyone deserves SAFE GROUND!
There are over 1200 people sleeping outside every night in Sacramento and the numbers are growing!
Shelters are full, so for many the options are few: sleep in a car, if you have one, or break the law and sleep illegally on the streets.
Criminalize homelessness in this economy ? - This is unfair and unjust! - PROTEST !
Families, Children, Everyone should have a safe place where they can go at night and sleep without fear. Thats why we need a "safe ground". Sacramento California needs a safe legalized campground where homeless folks can have clean water, bathrooms, and trash services until our City, County and State are willing and able to provide adequate shelters and affordable housing for the growing numbers of homeless folks.
We need you to join us on April 21, Tuesday at 2pm on the Capital Steps for the RALLY !
Safe Ground Rally April 21, 2009, Tuesday, 2 pm Sacramento California State Capital
Sign Up For our Action Alert List to receive ongoing Safe Ground news updates.
http://www.sacloaves.org/safeground
*NOTE:
Redding Loaves and Fishes has also seen an increase here in Shasta County, so we are pleased to promote the Sacramento Loaves and Fishes April Homeless Protest Rally at the State Capital in Sacramento California. We are also against practices and laws that unfairly single out homeless people and criminalize them for everyday living and life-sustaining activites in Redding and Shasta County as well
Read More:
http://reddingloavesandfishes.com/forum/index.php?topic=1218.0
[...]
<SNIP>
Can't you just prey? Have 8 fish feed hundreds? Turn water into wine so they forget their worries?
Works for some!
pray = ask of God. Example: "we pray for these loaves..." prey = victimize (verb). Example: "Politicians prey on homeless, as props for t heir political ads. victim. (noun) Example: "A lion thought a gazelle was a good prey for dinner."
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Almost everybody can have a safe and secure place to rest their weary head - it's called "get a job." For some, though, that's not possible. Homelessness is, however, only a symptom.
Like most problems in society, this one is also the consequence of an upstream liberal policy - the policy that the state could not incarcerate the mentally ill. So the states evicted their mentally incompetent and unbalanced and here we are.
On 3/19/2009 4:20 PM HeyBub spake thus:

I've got you this time, "Bub". You're hoist on your own petard, as they say.
Why? Because who was responsible for turning out "mentally incompetent and unbalanced" patients from California hospitals by the *thousands*? Why, none other than your presumed hero Ronald Reagan, that's who. (Like they say, you could look it up.)
Liberal policy my ass.
mostly pears.

John F Kennedy and the requirements of the Community Mental Health Act. Least restrictive environment and all that. In addition, the %age of bed RR closed was pretty much the same as the %age in the rest of the Country as the CMHA kicked. Since California was pretty much in step with the rest of the Country in closing Psych beds, only the most spittle producing, out of touch, Liberal could put this on the head of RR. You could look up the WHOLE story.
BTW: I worked on the originally planning group for the Community Mental Health Centers created in Northeastern Indiana in '73 and '74, so don't go telling me I don;t know what was happening.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Uh, I don't think so. It was a federal mandate that came online in 1963-64. Reagan didn't become governor until 1966.
The mandate might have taken two or three years (until 1966 or later) to percolate up to the larger institutions, but even if so, Reagan being the governor was merely a coincidence.
go at night and sleep without fear. Thats why we need a "safe ground". Sacramento California needs a safe legalized campground where homeless folks can have clean water, bathrooms, and trash services until our City, County and State are willing and able to provide adequate shelters and affordable housing for the growing numbers of homeless folks.
Why is it up to the government to provide affordable housing? Why not get a job or move to a place more affordable?
If something criminal happens to a resident of the "safe ground", they will be suing the government for letting it happen. Who is going to pay for the crappers they need? And the trash removal?
wrote in message

On Mar 19, 6:55pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

That's what I like about Michigan. People who sleep outside tend to freeze to death. Cuts down on the homeless problem at no cost to the taxpayer.
Cindy Hamilton
On 3/20/2009 11:18 AM Cindy Hamilton spake thus:

Well, let's hope you never end up homeless there and end up freezing your sweet buns to death, honey.
mostly pears.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

"Hope" is not a strategy - random "change" is not a tactic.
It's idiotic to make public policy based on what MIGHT happen to a SINGLE individual... unless you're a liberal and preface your decisions with "It's for the children."
As for the "homeless" in my town, our police take a more proactive approach. First they beat them sufficiently, then, when they have a truckload, they drive them about a dozen miles into Louisiana and let them off. Being humane, the cops usually stop in an area free 'gators lined up along the interstate waiting for someone to have a flat.
Works for us. Others may have differing schemes.

Well, no one can foresee everything, but careful planning should see me through. And if it doesn't, there's always the 9mm retirement option.
Frankly, I expect to die at home, alone, and be found by the police (the poor devils) after some time has elapsed. It seems the most likely outcome.
Cindy Hamilton
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

autopsy, since most of the counties only have a medical examiner on paper.
-- aem sends...
Of course, you realize that homeless folks are well noted for being violent, or thieves. The only way to have a safe camp ground is to have it vacant.
So, where do homeless folks get income, except for direct theft, or indirect theft known as taxation?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

is probably a small percentage. Most street sleepers are mentally ill, drunks, or druggies, and thus basically unemployable. The ones that are still rational and temporarily without an address due to the sky falling on them, usually have it together enough to crash with friends or make use of shelters.
The veneer of civilization is thin- nobody knows how well they would handle their comfortable world crashing down for whatever reason, unless it actually happens to them. Doesn't matter if the wires in your head short out physically, or if you over-self-medicate due to perceived pain and loss. Once you are dysfunctional in modern society, the accumulated creature comforts run away like water. Didn't really grasp all that myself until I lost a brother to a downward spiral, and he picked up an infection that finally killed him. And he was a college graduate with a successful life as an artisan carpenter.
-- aem sends...
There are a few people who are victims, not of their own causing. And I really have compassion for them. I susepct the majority of homeless are a result of failed government policies.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hey, The Army is always looking for cannon fodder.
TDD
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Many people show great compassion for the urban campers and it can be an admirable quality for someone to have, but my philosophy is simple, "don't feed the bears, if you do, they will no longer forage for food in their natural way."
TDD