How2 use sink sprayer as shower nozzle?

I want to buy a sink sprayer and hook it to the pipe coming out of bathroom wall for the shower
I want to use this fir taking Navy showers where you soap up, use the sink sprayer and when you let it go it stops water flow
This would be to save water use
I cannot find the proper adapter to do this
Advice? Help?

If you want to take a 'Navy shower', just turn a regular shower on and wet yourself. Then shut the water while you lather. When you're fully lathered, turn the shower back on to rinse. Now you can send me the money you were going to spend on a 'sink sprayer'.
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

You can purchase shower heads with a valve built in. I've seen them with levers or the one we have at home shuts off with a twist. You could always ask your local jailer where you can get the push button type that stays on for a short time then shuts off. The same type may also be used in locker rooms at schools where the jocks don't have enough sense to turn the shower off on their own.
TDD

or glue shut most water outlets in a existing shower head
Any good plumbing supply house/big box store will have a shower valve. It also has a flow restriction plate in it, which you can remove if you wish. I used to have a summer cabin on a holding tank (needed to be pumped out, etc.),, so I installed these on the shower heads. Also, as a water saving technique (the flow restrictor only) to limit the water usage by my teen age kids...
On Jun 27, 4:36pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

I went camping a week ago at a park that had those. You pulled a chain to turn the water on and when you let the chain go it turned itself off via a spring loaded valve. Shower head only put out a fine mist. I learned not to be the first to take a shower in the AM. The thing used so little water it took forever for the hot water to come up.
Jimmie
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 15:36:28 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

I have a simple metal shower head (was $5 at Wal-Mart a few years ago). It has a valve for shutting off the water, and has lasted a lot longer than the expensive plastic ones.
I found a current link for it at http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_853657_alsons_652_c_incredible_head_power_shower_reviews
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_853657_alsons_652_c_incredible_head_power_shower_reviews
I've been using the expensive one's from RV stores but I've also found them at True Value Hardware. After about one year they are falling apart and useless. I'm going to Wal*Mart! Thanks for the tip.
For OP: the RV type has a low-flow head and a thumb-controlled shut-off. The are designed to use a minumum of water. The hose should fit right onto your shower head pipe.

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:23:12 -0700, "Ulysses"

I didn't keep a record of when I got it, but it seems to have been about 5 years ago.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

I already have one of those and it works well
BUT I still want something like a sink sprayer that the minute I let go of it it stops the water flow