How would a pro paint a high wall ?

How would a professional painter paints an interior wall that is 18 feet from floor to ceiling ? Scaffolding ? Ladder ? Lift ? or extended roller ?

Reply to
JW

Charge you $500 while paying some jungle bunnies $100. Thats the way Pros do it.

Reply to
Arty The Chief

Stepladder. Hardest part is getting high enough to mask the ceiling with your cardboard (this assumes painting with a sprayer).

Reply to
Andy Hill

Depends on the painter and the size of the area. Most I know would use longer poles. If the area was large they might take the time to scaffold and spray. I have seen painters painting large building like Target, or Wal-Mart on motorized lifts.

Reply to
SQLit

Extension ladder to reach the corners, and a roller on an extension pole.

-B

I have found a professional painter that doesn't use jungle bunnies, he does it himself and does a great job. The only problem is that his waiting list is about 18 mos long. I've had the jungle bunny bunch in the past and won't do business with them any more. My painter uses a long roller and my 11 to 19 ft Little Giant step ladder.

RB

JW wrote:

Reply to
RB

extension and brush lashed to the extension for trim.

Reply to
Martik

With a check in his pocket and a work order. :-)

Reply to
Stoic

The painter painted the fourth story gable end of the plantation house I was the caretaker of by... hiring a crazy man to climb up there on a ladder and paint the gable end while walking around on the four-inch sloped return.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Marshall

I had an entry like this and the painters used extension ladders to cut in the edges then rolled with extensions.

Reply to
Tom

Would you mind telling me what type of extension ladder they used ? The type that lean against the wall, or the type that looks like an "A" from the side ?

Reply to
JW

Just the kind that leans against the wall - they heavily padded the tips with rags to protect the wall.

Reply to
Tom