how to white out windows

Page 1 of 2
i need to make some windows temporarily obscured. is there a spray on product for this? they don't need to be completely opaque, just fogged enough that people can't see in during the day.
thanks, bill
Add pictures here
✖

They used to sell contact paper that was "frosted" that worked very good for what you are describing. I've seen people use that spray "snow" to do the same thing, though I don't think you will find any this time of the year...
Add pictures here
✖
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

Just checked Ebay, and as usual, there it is! At least one guy selling snow spray, 6 cans for $10! Sounds like that would work..
Add pictures here
✖

Found another product:
http://www.plasti-kote.com/plastikote/homefash/template.jsp?searchcode ŪC&product=GlassFrosting
Probably find it at any crafts store
Add pictures here
✖

Glass films most certainly are on the market. For example -
http://www.glassdecorandmore.com /
These are removable as well.
Banty
Add pictures here
✖
Lowe's and Home Depot sell plastic panels that can be cut to size with scissors. The panels come in different designs and colors. They can be held in place with double-stick tape.
Frank
in message

Add pictures here
✖
bill allemann wrote:

"Glass Wax" glass cleaner - it's the stuff that used to be used with stencils to put Christmas decorations on windows. It dries opaque, then can be wiped off when you're ready. And you get clean windows as a bonus!
Add pictures here
✖
Go to www.chaseproducts.com, Chase Products is the manufacturer of "spray snow" and other permenant and temporary glass frosting products. All of their products are on the website, they make just about any kind of aerosol known to man.
nj_dilettante wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
white liquid shoe polish with the applicator top, cleans off easy with a blade scraper

Add pictures here
✖

✖
If it is on the east or west side of your house in direct sun, I would worry about window cracking from the excess heat if you did this in hot weather.

Add pictures here
✖

rub them with a regular bar of white soap...wash off when ready
Add pictures here
✖
bill allemann wrote:

Glass Wax was the stuff used long ago to cover empty store windows, but I haven't noticed it on store shelves in a long time. I would probably tape white plastic sheet or newspaper, although they would not look great from outside.
Add pictures here
✖
Norminn wrote:

ACE Hardware stores still carry Glass Wax.
Add pictures here
✖
Rustoleum and Krylon make spray paint called Glass frosting. Sold at HD or Lowes. Easy on but needs a razor blade to get off. or else soap the window up with Bon Ami.

Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:35:10 GMT, "bill allemann"

Other ideas sound better, but don't forget waxed paper. (don't try to spray it on.)
✖

roll of that and some tape will fix you right up, and not make a frigging mess to clean up, like anything you spray or smear on the glass would be. It'll still let enough light in to navigate around the room when needed.
aem sends...
Add pictures here
✖
At Menards, they sell a 'spray on' type of frost. I've done this to my front and back doors because they have windows that you can see through them. It worked really well, and says that it's removable. I haven't tried removing it because I like it, but it does look like it would come off fairly well with some mineral spirits.
Add pictures here
✖
bill allemann wrote:

Do you need to do this more than once? If so, I'd just build a simple frame to fit inside the window and stretch tissue paper over it. Hold the frame in place with velcro.
Add pictures here
✖

Curtains? On a spring-loaded shower-curtain rod?
Add pictures here
✖