How to water test plumbing

well, my plumbing adventures continue. thanks to all who helped before, especially speedy jim...... now that all is done, i want to do the water test for leakage. it is my understanding that the system should be filled with water for 15min to test for leaks, plugging all openings except the highest. How, and with what do I plug the main stack running form the 2nd floor to basement? There is a cleanout at the basement level, so I guess it can be plugged there, but with what? I red somwhere that a baloon is used ? (is it a special plumbing baloon? - I want to make sure it will withstand the pressure of water from floors above) Thanks

m.

Reply to
Martin

Sewer Test Plug:

(one style)

I don't know if this is going to work in your application. The water column is going to pressurize every sink trap along the way...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim