How to use PVC Primer?

Hello,
How do you use PVC Primer? Do you let it dry before using the solvent welding glue?
Thanks, Mike :)
The pruple stuff? Yes let it dry.

"Lawrence James"

I just don't have the patience. Of course if it's T&M, I might be tempted.
I forgot to mention. The primer I am using is purple.
Mike :)

The purple color is just a dye used to make it easy for the inspector to tell that you used a cleaner. No need to let it dry the cleaner is miscible with the cement.
RB
Michael wrote:

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:40:30 -0600, "Michael"

No need to allow the primer to dry. It is just a cleaner.
Just use the stuff. The only reason to use primer at all is to clean the shiny varnish off the pipe. It doesn't matter if you glue your pipe together dry or wet.
I always get a plastic bag, pour a generous amount into the bag, put my face into the bag using my hands to form a nice seal and take a few huffs, the more the better.
Thats the way I always use it and I always use it the best.