How To Use An Internal Pipe Wrench

take a pair of tin snips & cut a small piece to soup can to wrap around the internal pipe wrench. This will take up the extra space.

tighten first THEN loosen

a good set of internal pipes wrenches will save a whole lot time over the alterntives.

jsut used one a few weeks ago............done in less than an 1/2 an hour the alternative would have taken hours

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

You use an internal pipe wrench the same way you use an external pipe wrench, except you got to crawl inside the pipe. It's best to always crawl in the shortest end of the pipe. :)

Reply to
anoldfart2

I finally was able to get this task done. I ended up using some small chisels and a screwdriver to get out the broken pipe out of the threads. By doing that I was eventually able to get the new pipe screwed in all the way. It wasn't fun.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help and info.

Reply to
vindaloo1