How to unload rented bobcat from pickup

Page 1 of 2
Video http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink476336

its a excavator..........
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Okay. Change the subject to:
"How to unload a rented Bobcat brand excavator from a pickup truck"
I was shooting for brevity in the subject line. Sorry for the confusion.

I kinda laughed up to aquiring a new 3 year old friend i wouldnt have known the difference. driving down the road i hear skid steer, bobcat, bachoe bulldozer etc etc.
nifty how the operator uses the bucket so the the truck doesnt go boom:)
HeyBub wrote:

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

It's not a bobcat brand either. Bobcat doesn't make machines that big. AND even if they did, they'd be painted white.

HeyBub wrote:

or a pickup truck are shown anywhere in that video. Other than that your subject is accurate...
Well, we don't really know if the machine is rented either.

many large machines are rented, because contractors dont need them all the time
George wrote:

Right. It's more an illustration of technique than a testimonial for particular items.
Just thinking out loud, the technique would seemingly work for large riding lawnmowers (you might have to jack up the truck's front end - really high), lowboy trailers laden with dead bodies, and, of course, this method is often how you get boats off trailers.
Since I saw this yesterday, I have successfully employed the method in discharging the 50gal drums of jalapeno peppers from my weekly trip to Sam's Club.
I plan to take advantage of the new method this week-end when I move my mother-in-law's stuff to a storage shed (she ran off with a vacuum cleaner salesman to Beaumont).

And there's nothing "unconventional" or special about the unloading method. -----
- gpsman

I wonder if they got it up there the same way?

re: I wonder if they got it up there the same way?
Is that a question or a statement?
There's another video showing them loading an excavator onto a different kind of flatbed. They put the bucket on the flatbed to lift the tracks, drove forward until the front of the excavator was on the bed, then spun the bucket to the back and lifted until the tracks were level. Then they just drove right on the rest of the way.
Bigger truck, but the front never left the ground.

Topper to that is one in South America somewhere (saw it several years ago) where they put it up on top of a train of RR cars and crawl along unloading the cars with it it. Wish I had kept the link.
Scary just to watch it getting up on top of the first one.
Harry K
Yep, about what I'd guessed.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

John Grabowski wrote:

I doubt it. It's not hard to find a banking to back up to.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Probably forced the bucket down so far that the front tread came up. Then back the truck under the front tread.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

S. Barker wrote:

Right. But, I thought, this is "alt.home.repair" not "alt.freeway.construction" or "alt.dam.building".
Someone might consider the technique should they rent a Bobcat.
The rental place may load the sucker with a fork lift. Now, when you get it home to help with installing the towel rack, how the heck do you get it off your truck?