How to troubleshoot broken dryer?

Ok, I'm not handy at all, but I think it would be fun to troubleshoot my broken dryer and try to repair it, if reasonable. Want to help?
What is step 1? Yes, it's plugged in.
http://fixitnow.com /

Post your model number, and symptoms here. The appliance repair guy will almost certainly post a reply showing you a page at his web site with all you need to know. You can also order the parts you need there.
Dan is right, the appliance repair guy helped me fix mine just this past Friday.
writes:

writes:

Kenmore Elite Model number 110 something something something (I can copy the rest of the number if it's needed).
According to my wife it's taking a long time to dry ("twice as long").
I need to check the vent hose for blockage. Problem: the crawl space at that end of the house is not accessible; it may have been when the house was built, but not now. Any tricks to cleaning out a long vent hose from the outside (probably has some bends in the length).
After that we can dig deeper for problem solving.

Call a repair person to fix it and watch them work on it. That's fun. After all, you're really too lazy to get the model number,,, so there's no way you're prying yourself away from your monitor to actually perform a physical task.
No one is going to care MORE about your dryer then even YOU are willing to care about it.

So now you DO know what's wrong with the dryer?

...and a micromanager too?
Good luck though.
-zero
If the dryer takes "twice as long" to dry and still heats up, this is an indication of a blocked vent. To double check, take the flexible hose that is attached to the back of the dryer and disconnect it from the wall. Put some pantyhose on the end to catch the lint. If the drying time is reduced, then your vent is blocked. Do not leave the pantyhose on the end of the vent. This is a great diagnostic tool, but a fire hazard beyond the first load. The vent can be unclogged by a Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician, or you can do it yourself. Look for instructions at www.CleanYourOwnDryerVent.com/
Bryan wrote:

It can be "fun" and very satisfying learning how to fix things, but always remember "safety first". Never do anything when you're tired or pre-occupied, and think things out before you actually put a tool on something.