how to tell if supporting wall?

Page 1 of 2
I want to remove a wall in one of my bathrooms that separates the sink from the bath. It has a pocket door in it, and runs parallel to the ceiling joists.
I figure it is not a supporting wall. How can I tell for sure?
Jeff
if it runs the same way as your joists chances are its not supporting
load bearing walls are only ran perpendicular (sp?) to floor/ceiling joists

Your spelling is correct, but it should be 'run' rather than 'ran'. Reminds me of a guy who referred to his camera brand as 'Cannon', rather than 'Canon'. When corrected, he insisted 'Cannon' was correct because his spell checker passed it. -:)

Wow, a recording star posting here ;). Sorry about your sister.

Fuck you.

if you are a carpenter, why are you posting during the day? no work? no customers? does everyone hate you? that would be quite a surprise.

I work when it suits me. I like 3 or 4 day weekends, and I make more money than I need. I'm independent as hell, and my quality work is in demand. I take only the jobs that suit me, provided they don't interfere with my plans for my time off.
PhotoMan wrote:

Better than that - I don't answer to anyone but myself.

Literacy has little to do with that though. I have to wonder just how detailed the blueprints were for the Coliseum, Taj Mahal, and the Pyramids.
You dounght knead to no good grammar to select fine wood. Ore two use it.
Many people can read and interpret a code book even if their own spelling is poor. Or even learn it if they cannot read at all. I wonder how many English professors can frame, plumb, and wire a house though. Please do not every try to equate good grammar with good craftsmanship.

Nice job of highjacking the thread with your dribble. Hope the OP got his answer, since you started a flame war.
later,
tom
On Fri, 13 May 2005 13:25:57 -0400, The Real Tom <tom @ www.Love-Calculators.com> wrote:

I hate to quibble over your dribble but it should really be drivel.;-)

Nobody was compelled to respond.

in jest. Nobody know what a smiley is? Open your damn eyes before calling someone a troll. BTW Pop, my girlfriend didn't give permission for this reply either. That'd why she's still a girlfriend.

Take it out and see what happens.
Steve