How to tell if audio equipment is 110V or 220V?

I was given an old Sony tape deck. The original deck specs 110V. The person who gave it to me, told me the power supply burned and he had it fixed but can't recall if he had it converted for 220V... Is there a way I can find out if this is to work with 110 or 220? Only thing I have is a Voltmeter. Thanks!

Toller wrote:

110/220. At any rate, put a 110 plug on it and plug it into the 110 outlet. If 110, should work normally. If wired for 220, any incandescant lamps will be *very* dim. (like the vu-meters). You're not going to hurt a 220 deck by plugging it into 110.
lee h
Lucky wrote:

What type of connection or plug is on it? If a standard type plug, probably 110

prong plug that looks like a standard U.S. item, but is used with 220 volts. Hong Kong uses many different plug types with 220v, one of which is the same 2-prong style. I think, if memory serves, that Myannmar, Laos and perhaps Malaysia are the same -- Regards --
If he had "converted" it, it would be easy to work out. If it didn't have a 220Vtransformer, he'd have to install one. The solder joints would be a giveaway.
Lots of trolls patrol these waters....