How To Strip Chrome Finish Off Faucets?

The faucets have been corroded by VaVoom Cleaner and look terrible so I want to strip off all the chrome for a matte look. A Dremel with a syeel brush did not do the job. Any suggestions?

Reply to
fifiandgigi

You'll have to assault it with an abrasive wheel, small grinding stone or whatever. The problem is that the chrome is quite hard and once youi get past it you will be dealing with a softer nickel plate. it will be difficult to avoid cutting through to the base metal so consider what your time is worth vs. buying a new faucet set with the look you want. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

There ya go. Joe's right. You may spend hours on it only to have a deep dig ruin the whole project. If you don't mind spending the time then go for it. I wouldn't - likely to to not look very good in the end after all that work.

Reply to
C & E

replacing faucet is much easier and better

Reply to
hallerb