How to stretch Chain Link Fence?

I bought a used dog kennel off Craigslist. It came with 3 usable panels, and one had a hole in the chain link fence (CLF). I only needed

3 panels, because I'm using it for two pet goats. We built them a shelter, and originally just put 3 hog panels (farm panels about 30 inches tall intended for hogs) on the front of the shelter, for their outdoor space, but they constantly jumped over the hog panels. I now have the three 6ft tall dog kennel panels attached to their shed, and they dont get out.

However, the 4th panel has a hole in the CLF, which is about a 16" hole. I want to just replace the CLF on that panel frame. ANd will be watching for another panel so we can enlarge their pen in Spring.

Anyhow, I have a small unused roll of CLF which I got at an auction, so I just need to cut off the right length and replace the CLF on that panel. But I'm not sure how to stretch it. The panel is made from 1" pipe, and there is a flat piece of steel in each end of the CLF to attach it to the pipes. All of this is pretty simple to understand, it's just what to use to stretch it, and do so evenly.

The ends of the CLF are only about 2 inches from the pipe frame, so I cant get a come-along in there. However, I have thought of attaching the whole panel to a tree on one side and maybe using a come-along attached to my truck bumper, but it would need at least TWO come-alongs to pull it evenly. I'm sure there's a better way.

Anyone familiar with installing CLF?

Thanks

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

Do you have a spare tension bar (flat piece of steel) ? Thread it through far enough back so you can use the come-along to get the bar at the end close enough to bolt to the bands.

That's the general idea although the "hasn't broke on me yet" part sounds like the beginning of a bad story. I suppose the unsupported length of the dowel where he's hooking in isn't that long.

Reply to
rbowman

mAYBE SOMETHING like you describe but with a couple big turnbuckles instead of come-alongs.

Reply to
micky

Get yourself a couple of 6" bar clamps.

Reply to