How to straighten sprinkler valve pipes?

Over time, my PVC pipes leading to my sprinkler valves have developed a slant. The supply pipe for all 3 valves is about 3 feet under ground.

The valve instructions demand horizontal installation of the valves (vertical pipes). How can I straighten out my pipes? The slant is probably not enough for standard PVC fittings.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Walter R.

"Walter R." wrote on 27 Jan 2008 in group alt.home.repair:

Dig a big hole, straighten up the pipes, and fill the hole back in.

Reply to
Steve

That's what I was afraid of.

Reply to
Walter R.

Cut these pipes and place the valves into a landscape box. Given the right manifold, parts, etc. you can put them below soil surface.

The box allows for wires, valves and all below surface. Star Nursery . com (NV) Pick the correct size.

Oren

--

Reply to
Oren

Definitely worth a try. I guess I will have to bend the pipes back to vertical, hoping they wont break.

Thank you

Reply to
Walter R.