How to store window A/Cs?

Page 2 of 2

wrote in message

I had a couple of old window shakers that I wanted to get rid of. I put them by the curb with a "FOR SALE - $75" sign on them. They were gone the next morning!
wrote:> I could give (his sister?) a 5-year warranty. If they die within five

Would anybody in their right mind offer that warranty to you? Hell no. Don't sell ANYTHING to friends or associates.
Get your garage sale sign up, plug them in to show they work. Tag them AS IS for $150.00 each.
Now keep your shoulders back and your head high, damn it! Let 'em drive a hard bargain and then let them both go for $200.00.
-zero

He's interested yet says that the freon ate through the lines? You do the math dumbshit.
Don Wiss wrote:

To answer your question, no the refrigerant will not eat throught the lines. What can happen though is depending on the location of the compressor suction and discharge lines, oil can drain out of the compressor and into the system. That can be a bad thing.
I had a couple friends who did that. The weight mashed the fins on back of the unit, and was a PIA to get em straightened out. Bad storage technique.
I admit, they don't stack very well. Have to put a board on the top, back, to make em stack fairly level.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

The fins are not mashed. The floor is flat. They are not stacked.