How to stop washing machine discharge splashing - OT Sorta -OnT sorta

For years the discharge from our washing machine splashed on the floor arou nd the laundry tub into which the discharge occurred via a hose with a buil t-in hook on the end that discharged the water about a foot above the botto m of the tub. It splashed on the laundry room floor everry time, first dirt y water and then clean water on the rinse cycle. Always required a quick m opping.
I took an old athletic sock, over the calf style, cut the end off the sock and put the sock on the end of the discharge hook, securing it with a twist tie (that will eventually rust out). Now the discharge water comes out of the sock right at the bottom of the tub, no more splashing and increased l ife for the floor around the laundry tub.
I don't why I never thought of this in the many years we have had the probl em!!!!! I don't think I ever read about it anywhere either.
wrote in message
For years the discharge from our washing machine splashed on the floor around the laundry tub into which the discharge occurred via a hose with a built-in hook on the end that discharged the water about a foot above the bottom of the tub. It splashed on the laundry room floor everry time, first dirty water and then clean water on the rinse cycle. Always required a quick mopping.
I took an old athletic sock, over the calf style, cut the end off the sock and put the sock on the end of the discharge hook, securing it with a twist tie (that will eventually rust out). Now the discharge water comes out of the sock right at the bottom of the tub, no more splashing and increased life for the floor around the laundry tub.
I don't why I never thought of this in the many years we have had the problem!!!!! I don't think I ever read about it anywhere either.
Use a zip tie. They won't rust. WW
Didn't have one handy<g>.
For years the discharge from our washing machine splashed on the floor around the laundry tub into which the discharge occurred via a hose with a built-in hook on the end that discharged the water about a foot above the bottom of the tub. It splashed on the laundry room floor everry time, first dirty water and then clean water on the rinse cycle. Always required a quick mopping.
I took an old athletic sock, over the calf style, cut the end off the sock and put the sock on the end of the discharge hook, securing it with a twist tie (that will eventually rust out). Now the discharge water comes out of the sock right at the bottom of the tub, no more splashing and increased life for the floor around the laundry tub.
I don't why I never thought of this in the many years we have had the problem!!!!! I don't think I ever read about it anywhere either.
I thought you were going to ask for a solution and the sock immediately popped into my head. Maybe it is so simple nobody bothers to write/post about it.
How will you keep your floor clean?
On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 07:21:14 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

Very good. It took me years to think of putting a sock around the bathtub faucet so the sound of splashing water wouldn't make me turn up the tv louder. (I have to keep adding hot water or the water starts to feel cold.)
On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 07:21:14 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

BTW, I didnt' have trouble with the washing machine discharge for years, but for some reason I had to fiddle with the location. Finally got it right. A few months later, the pump in the washing machine failed and I installed a new one. Later I concluded that maybe what happened is that the dishcarge hose kinked and collapsed at the kink and that's why no water came out. I'll never know.