How to splice three #8 wires

Are there wirenuts that can handle 3 #8 wires? If not, how do you splice them. Split bolt connectors? Can you put 3 wires in a split bolt connector? Is there another way?
Please allow your reply to go to from my "From" address in addition to the list. It is a good address which I will delete in a couple of days.
Thanks very much for any help.
snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com wrote:

They only make split bolt connectors for 2 #6 to #10 wire. Just use 2 of them. Slide one on a few inches, put the other on the end with the second wire. Put the third wire on with the second split bolt connector.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

The big blue scotchlok will handle 3#8 conductors, or a #6 splitbolt. Here's a link: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MElectrical/Home/ProductsServices/Products/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20OES1_nid=L6Q2HT0JF7beH8665PJ911gl
There are wire nuts just about a big as you can imagine. BUT, personally, i would strip off about an inch and a half of each, twist them together with the appropriate sized pliers, THEN solder and tape them.
(with REAL solder, not that yuppified lead free shit)

On 9/14/2008 4:44 PM Steve Barker DLT spake thus:

Is that legal by the code?

Yeah, that's right: Real Men aren't afraid of lead poisoning ...

--
A: Top posting.
Q: What\'s the most annoying thing on Usenet?

YEP as long as it's in a proper box.

There was a time they added lead to drinks to enhance the flavor. I'm not afraid of a little leaching off my wiring into my...... Well where would that leach to??? Hmmmmmm....
steve
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 17:39:06 -0700, David Nebenzahl

All those stupid complaints about top-posting, that ignore reality.
On 9/16/2008 12:02 PM Sam E spake thus:

And what is "reality", may I ask?
By the way, I noticed that you bottom-posted.
On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:47:50 -0700, David Nebenzahl

If you don't know what reality is, maybe you shouldn't be posting.
Posts should be made with a functioning brain :-)

Yes, that is my preferred style (WITH adequate snipping in long quotes). That doesn't mean I support stupid, unreasonable complaints,
And reasonalbeness. Top posting makes the most sense anyway.

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:14:01 -0500, "Steve Barker DLT"

What I find really annoying is neither [ top-posting or bottom posting ] but putting the reply after a bunch of stuff requiring a lot of scrolling down to see if there is any original material there at all. That, and the stupid complaints about top posting (which seldom give any reasons, let alone reasonable ones).
BTW, if you say "it's just few clicks", why did you forget that some groups will have HUNDREDS of new messages in them?

Mark Lloyd
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:44:27 -0500, "Steve Barker DLT"
For really large wire, just use a couple traffic cones and twist them on the wires.
In Texas, they use 55 gallon barrels for crimps, and flatten them with a sledge hammer. And then wrap with foot wide electrical tape.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus