How to separate engine case on 5hp horizontal Briggs engine

My engine locked up-low oil. I am trying to look inside to see what happpened. I removed the pulleys (troy built pony engine) and both oil seals, but can't seem to separate the case I used two wooden shims and the case opened a little, but not far enough to pass over the two set pins. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mike
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

past the oil seal?
MikeB