How to select the correct drill bit and plastic anchor size for a screwing on the wall?

Hi,

I'm attaching my cabinets to the wall. I'm opening holes for putting plastic anchors in which I will put screws. The question is which is the relationship between the sizes of the drill bit, the anchor and the screw? Is it a table that relates drill size/anchor size/screw size? Where can find such a table?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Faustino Dina

usually they say what size drill bit to use on the package. if it doesnt i usually use the smallest drill bit that the anchor wil fit into. you really should reconsdier using plastic anchors to attach cabinets. they will never hold up to the weight. use toggle bolts or find the studs.

Reply to
PAUL100

...and how about the correct screw diameter?

thanks for your advice, I didn't thought about this. I recently used expansion bolts to hang a basketball ring on a wall and I was amazed how hard they stand. Can I use them? My walls are made of brick and mortar.

Thanks for all Faustino

Reply to
Faustino Dina

I'll agree that, plastic anchors are not suitable. But I wouldn't use toggle bolts either, those are mainly for ceilings. How would you keep the toggle bolts from falling back into the wall when you try to attach the cabinets? Get moly bolts which have a metal part that folds back and is then tight in the wall. You select the size of toggle bolt (diameter and length) for weight and the thickness of the wall. The packages tell what size to use and what size drill to use.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon