how to seal leak on a pipe on my pool pump

there are two pvc pipes exiting from the pool pump . the pipes has rubber seals flush to the pump. the seal of the lower pump leaks and spews water . how do I fix the seal . can some one help please
On Monday, January 12, 2015 at 10:44:06 AM UTC-5, gloria wrote:

Maybe if you post a pic of what is actually there. IDK what you have. Pumps I'm familiar with have threaded fittings, with most installs putting in unions to make replacement possible. If it's a union that's leaking, might be loose or need a new seal.
On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:44:01 +0000, gloria

Is this a "union" or just a male adapter screwed into the pump body?

Start with tightening the joint. If that doesn't work, replace seals.
If you aren't used to doing this stuff:
Turn off pump. Only work on pool stuff when stores are open. Things can go wrong and you may need to buy parts.
--
Dan Espen

A picture would be more useful
gloria wrote, on Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:44:01 +0000:

All the pumps I know of (and I have plenty) have only one pipe exiting the pool pump.
Maybe a picture will help us?
On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 12:31:18 PM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:

I know you folks in California are free thinking radicals, but how in the hell do your pool pumps work with only one pipe?

Reading comprehension? one pipe "exiting" the pool pump (and one ingress pipe, not discussed).