how to seal leak on a pipe on my pool pump

there are two pvc pipes exiting from the pool pump . the pipes has rubber seals flush to the pump. the seal of the lower pump leaks and spews water . how do I fix the seal . can some one help please

Reply to
gloria

Maybe if you post a pic of what is actually there. IDK what you have. Pumps I'm familiar with have threaded fittings, with most installs putting in unions to make replacement possible. If it's a union that's leaking, might be loose or need a new seal.

Reply to
trader_4

Is this a "union" or just a male adapter screwed into the pump body?

Reply to
gfretwell

Start with tightening the joint. If that doesn't work, replace seals.

If you aren't used to doing this stuff:

Turn off pump. Only work on pool stuff when stores are open. Things can go wrong and you may need to buy parts.

Reply to
Dan Espen

A picture would be more useful

Reply to
gfretwell

gloria wrote, on Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:44:01 +0000:

All the pumps I know of (and I have plenty) have only one pipe exiting the pool pump.

Maybe a picture will help us?

Reply to
Danny D.

I know you folks in California are free thinking radicals, but how in the hell do your pool pumps work with only one pipe?

Reply to
trader_4

Reading comprehension? one pipe "exiting" the pool pump (and one ingress pipe, not discussed).

Reply to
Scott Lurndal