How to seal ends of underground conduit ??

With some foresight I had put empty 1-1/2" PVC pipe under the driveway and capped it, in case I ever had to run wire -- and now I do.
My question now is how to reasonably seal the ends of the conduit once I've run wire into it. It's bury-able wire, but I don't want to leave the ends of the conduit open and have it fill up at the ends with mud and dirt, thereby creating a problem if I want to run more wire in the future.
Thanks in advance to anyone who offers ideas or solutions.
Spray styrofoam.

I would use butyl caulk, before this foam!
Oren --

That's a big pipe under a driveway. We normally have 1/2 - 3/4 inch for wire/irrigation.
If the caps are still on, drill a hole on the cap top/end large enough for the wire, pulled the wire and caulk with silicone around the exit.
2 cents :)

Oren --

Hi,
Keep the caps and drill a hold through them. The when installing the wire, thread it through the caps. Replace the caps. Then seal with caulk. Let the caulk dry out. Then cover up with earth.
Best, Mike.
If you do anything with the existing caps, don't drill holes in them, cut slots in them, then silicone makes a nice plug that doesn't adhere particularly well to the pvc, so it can be removed in the future

Newser wrote:

Andy writes: I did the same thing.....
I didn't do any of the things listed here to seal the ends--- I just crumpled up some Walmart plastic bags and stuffed them in each end. A couple years later, when I wanted to add a small water line for a sprinkler system, I just dug up a hole around each end and pulled the plastic bags out and ran my pipe thru. Then I stuffed the plastic bags back in each end and covered them up again...
Another year later, I wanted to add some outdoor lighting.... I dug around the ends again, pulled the crumpled plastic out from each end, and ran my 20-2wg UF wire thru it. Then I stuffed the plastic back in each end.....
No point getting exotic about this. All you want to do is keep the ductway from filling up with dirt.. My way is simple, cheap, and works perfectly.
Andy in Eureka, Texas

Yup.
And even if the conduit does fill with dirt, it is not difficult to use water from a hose to clear out 20-30ft of 1-1/2" pipe.
sdb
--
What\'s seen on your screen? http://PcScreenWatch.com
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com
Newser wrote:

Don't forget to add (or replace) the pull string with whatever you put in there. Adding a wire to an existing conduit that already has one wire is a bitch, otherwise. One of those polypropylene yellow ropes from the discount store works great- cheap,small diameter, strong enough, doesn't rot.
aem sends...
take two new caps and drill them to just fit your cable. Then, you can silicone the caps partway full and glue them back on.

S. Barker wrote: > take two new caps and drill them to just fit your cable. Then, you can > silicone the caps partway full and glue them back on. > > s
Non continuous conduit should terminate in a ground box. They're made from very thick plastic or concrete. Before installation you excavate a large hole underneath them and fill it with small stone. That gives any water a place to drain away. You run the cable to the box, then through the conduit, then out of the other box. What you seal up is were it enters the ground box. -- Tom Horne