How to seal and Conceal driveway cracks

I have a driveway with some pretty decent cracks in them. I would love to replace the driveway and walkway (as well as making it bigger) but that is a future project. Anyway, I need to seal those nasty cracks before winter hits. I am in Idaho and with the cold temps and snow, water will get into the cracks and make the driveway worse. I was wondering what type of products are out there for us do-it-yourselfers that aren't too expensive but might allow my driveway to survive another winter. I'm sure that I could hire someone but I have seen the work that some of those guys do and for the price and quality its better financially to do it myself, even if its just a temporary solution that will only last a year.
Thanks
John

Vinyl cement is for driveway cracks, just follow the directions on the bag to get a good bond, it will last about 2 or 3 years if done properly, but thats all you wanted anyway. Chisel out any already- loose material first along with the prep outlined on the bag.

Oops, I was assuming it was a concrete driveway because you also mentioned a sidewalk. Is it asphalt? Anyway the above is for concrete only. Please specify what kind of driveway.

No your assumption was correct. this is typical suburbia with concrete sidewalks walkways and driveways.
John

http://www.extremehowto.com/xh/article.asp?article_id `422
On Aug 29, 9:28 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I loved the picture of the guy cleaning the crack with the dust buster. But anyway thanks it gave me some ideas of what I need to do.
John
runsrealfast wrote:

I'm considering this stuff to refurbish the expansion joints in my driveway.
http://www.latexite.com/pr-crkstix.html

That's what my old lady calls my junk, Crack Stix.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Your old lady is nasty.

That's the truth.