How to seal and Conceal driveway cracks

I have a driveway with some pretty decent cracks in them. I would love to replace the driveway and walkway (as well as making it bigger) but that is a future project. Anyway, I need to seal those nasty cracks before winter hits. I am in Idaho and with the cold temps and snow, water will get into the cracks and make the driveway worse. I was wondering what type of products are out there for us do-it-yourselfers that aren't too expensive but might allow my driveway to survive another winter. I'm sure that I could hire someone but I have seen the work that some of those guys do and for the price and quality its better financially to do it myself, even if its just a temporary solution that will only last a year.

Thanks

John

Reply to
runsrealfast

Vinyl cement is for driveway cracks, just follow the directions on the bag to get a good bond, it will last about 2 or 3 years if done properly, but thats all you wanted anyway. Chisel out any already- loose material first along with the prep outlined on the bag.

Reply to
RickH

Oops, I was assuming it was a concrete driveway because you also mentioned a sidewalk. Is it asphalt? Anyway the above is for concrete only. Please specify what kind of driveway.

Reply to
RickH

No your assumption was correct. this is typical suburbia with concrete sidewalks walkways and driveways.

John

Reply to
runsrealfast

sonofabitchsky

I'm considering this stuff to refurbish the expansion joints in my driveway.

HeyBub

I loved the picture of the guy cleaning the crack with the dust buster. But anyway thanks it gave me some ideas of what I need to do.

John

Reply to
runsrealfast

That's what my old lady calls my junk, Crack Stix.

Reply to
sonofabitchsky

Your old lady is nasty.

Reply to