how to restore and protect ornamental iron railings

Hi. My new place has beautiful ornamental iron railings, with a botanical motif, showing rust and signs of neglect. Given the intricate leaves and shapes in the railing it would take a ton of time to iron brush the rust away. I am looking for options to have the railings restored and protected. What do you folks recommend? Many thanks in advance.

have sandblasted and paint regurally, knowing it will rust again and again

A ton of time may be onerous, but you don't have much of a choice. Remove all loose rust as best you can with a wire brush. It doesn't have to be perfect and you don't have to get down to bare metal. Use a rust converter paint or something like Hammerite by Masterchem.

I was going to suggest hammerite also. This stuff is tough.
Bob

I picked some up at a paint store a couple towns over couple weeks ago. While at the counter an old timer painter with a bit of an accent, pointed to me and said, "He's a good painter." I looked around, not sure if he was referring to someone else (I'm not a painter), then wondered if he knew my brother who moved years ago (he was a painter). Neither. "He's a good painter. No one knows of that paint and it is a very good paint." I was highly amused.