How to reset GFCI protect

Tony:

TA> I think the electric outlets of my two bathrooms in my TA> house have tripped. One of the outlets has a small TA> label "GFCI protected circuit". Unlike a typical TA> GFCI outlet, I CANNOT find any kind of reset button. TA> I have also checked my electric switch panel and TA> nothing has tripped. TA> TA> Is there anything I can do now other than hiring TA> an electrician? :(

The label generally means that outlet is the 'regular' kind and is connected upstream to a GFCI with the "Reset" and "Test" buttons mentioned in another reply. The fun part is finding where this GFCI is!

What other outlets do not work? May give you an idea of where the GFCI is located. What is on the other side of the bathroom wall? Check at those outlets. Look at the basement ceiling - someone may have spliced in a GFCI.

  • Definition: Membrane - Memory storage place
Reply to
barry martin

Hi, Yes, he has to find all the GFCI around house including breaker panel. I have altogether 5 in the house. I had to figure out which is controlling which outlets(inside, outisde) Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tony said..

You'll know the GFCI outlet when you see it because it has two small buttons between the two outlets. Check outlets that are near water: bathrooms, kitchen, laundry area, garage.

My breaker panel is in the garage, and my primary GFCI outlet is right next to the breaker box in the garage.

Reply to
RN