How to replace 3/8" sink shutoff on cpvc Fow Guard stub?

Hi.

I am experienced in copper piping, but have to replace a sink shutoff which is connected to Flow Guard Gold cpvc ASTM NSF PW pipe stub with a standard

3/8" flexible steel compression sink fitting. I have used PVC for drain pipes, but this is cpvc with a transition shutoff and I have some questions please. I would guess one would attach it very much like standard pvc fittings.

Can I buy the cement and this transition shutoff at any Loews or Home Depot? What type of cement to use? Do I use primer? What kind of shutoff should I look for? How long does glue dry before turning on water pressure? Is this type of shutoff hard to find?

I ask this because a friend told me a plumber did this repair for him which was difficult to do because this shutoff was very hard to find. The plumber had to use a copper transition and solder a standard copper shutoff to the transition. Thanks. Please email too if possible.

Fred

Reply to
Fred