How to repair screw holes in drywall?

I attached the drywall panels using screws but some screws didn't find their target so I had to remove them. Removing them created holes with a bump on the perimeter of the hole. To explain it another way, the drywall sheet's paper is indented away from the drywall board creating a bump. so while I can fill it with drywall compound but the bumps make it not smooth. Is there a tool or technique to fix this ?

Reply to
ississauga

Yeah, it's called a hammer. Whack the high spot into a depression. It takes practice. If you only have a few, use the ROUND end of a ball peen hammer placed into the empty hole, and press hard, or use a board to tap the other head of the hammer.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

Reply to
Jimmy Galvin

The hammer works. The handle end of your drywall knife works. Anything that make a dimple works. As a newbie you may want to place a utility knife blade about a 1/4" into the hole and held at a 45 degree angle to the wall and rotate it 360 degrees. Kinda like cutting a hole in the top of an orange so you can get the juice out.

Reply to
Colbyt