How to repair/replace hardwood flooring plank?

I have beautiful engineered hardwood planking in several rooms (3/8"x3" random planks, glued directly to the concrete slab.
The termite people drilled a number of 9/16" holes through the wood and the concrete in order to get at the termites.
That leaves me with 6 ragged holes in 2 planks. What is the best way of repairing or replacing a section of one plank? My efforts have made it worse, rather than better. Any websites? I could not find anything helpful on the Web.
The problem is the frazzled nature of the holes and how to get a reasonable finish match.
Any ideas? Thanks
--
Walter
www.rationality.net
I would just replace the entire plank. this is very easy to do... First you must make a cut around the entire perimiter of the plank you are going to replace being that it is on conrete be sure to set the bade guide as to not go through to the concrete. What you are trying to acomplish is breaking the bond with the other 4 boards surrounding this one so you can remove it. After making these cuts (all the way to the very edge of the other boards) make several cuts in the "field" of the board and starting small remove the wood and adheasive. Remember go S>L>O>W because you do not want to damage the other boards. After thisis removed clean the area and make sure that the toung is removed from the surrounding boards and also from the new piece you are going to install. Check the fit of this board several times to make sure the gaps match the existing floring. then simply re apply the adheasive and place the new piece in the hole..... Walter R. wrote:

Thank you
--
Walter
www.rationality.net