How to repair hole in ice bin?

A large piece of my ice bin broke off, right under the auger. It is a 17 year old Whirlpool with ice maker. I think a large chunk of ice got stuck in the auger and was pushed down to break out the hole.
I have previously repaired it with duct tape. That works for a few weeks. Anyone know of a better way, maybe some sort of glue? I could replace the bin for the low low price of $53.
on 12/15/2007 1:13 PM The True King of Argentina said the following:

http://www.northwestpolymers.ca/welders.html
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

have you compared the size of current bins with yours? current one may be usabler
willshak wrote:

JB-weld is a good 2-part epoxy. I'd remove it completely and work on it clean, warm, and dry however.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
The True King of Argentina wrote:

You need to identify the plastic to see what possible glues to use. If room, you could consider adding reinforcement like a piece of glass fabric.
On Dec 15, 1:13 pm, The True King of Argentina

Check Wal Mart for a two part plastic "weld". I used some on a car fan shroud that was cracked in half and it held up beautifully. (was gonna give you the exact name but I can't find it, but IIRC it came in two syringes and not tubes)

I 99% sure it was "Loctite Plastic Epoxy" and it was about $7.00.