How to repair hole in ice bin?

A large piece of my ice bin broke off, right under the auger. It is a

17 year old Whirlpool with ice maker. I think a large chunk of ice got stuck in the auger and was pushed down to break out the hole.

I have previously repaired it with duct tape. That works for a few weeks. Anyone know of a better way, maybe some sort of glue? I could replace the bin for the low low price of $53.

Reply to
The True King of Argentina

on 12/15/2007 1:13 PM The True King of Argentina said the following:

willshak

=EF=BF=BDI could

have you compared the size of current bins with yours? current one may be usabler

Reply to
hallerb

JB-weld is a good 2-part epoxy. I'd remove it completely and work on it clean, warm, and dry however.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

You need to identify the plastic to see what possible glues to use. If room, you could consider adding reinforcement like a piece of glass fabric.

Reply to
Frank

Check Wal Mart for a two part plastic "weld". I used some on a car fan shroud that was cracked in half and it held up beautifully. (was gonna give you the exact name but I can't find it, but IIRC it came in two syringes and not tubes)

Reply to
Ron

I 99% sure it was "Loctite Plastic Epoxy" and it was about $7.00.

Reply to
Ron