How to repair damaged game board

The hinges at both ends of the board are damaged. The worst end is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90278919@N00/7119180119/in/photostream
I'll use a wood glue and clamps to fix the separation. However, what do I use to fill the holes that the hinge screws go into? It has to be liquid to flow to the bottom of the presently-stripped holes, yet when dry strong enough to accept screws?
Thanks,
R1
On 4/27/2012 11:25 AM, Rebel1 wrote:

there are special screws for using in pressed board. those aren't them, and are what helped cause the problem.
after fixing the split, fill the hole with wood glue and jam wood toothpicks in until the hole is packed. when hard, predrill a pilot hole, and use the correct screws.
On 4/27/2012 2:46 PM, chaniarts wrote:

Is this what you mean by "special screws"?
http://www.mcfeelys.com/tech/confirmat.htm
They sound a bit challenging to install. Are they available in the short lengths I need?
R1

Ordinary wood glue might be a bit marginal with he chip board you have. Consider a slow cure epoxy for a better repair, which could serve better for the hole repair with toothpicks, or even epoxy in a small dowel for serious holding power.
Joe

Epoxy