How to remove the yellowing on my bathtub?

My bathroom has a skylight, and I think sunlight coming through it is the culprit that has caused my bathtub to 'yellow' considerably.
I have a manufactured home with a plastic tub. I guess it's plastic. Certainly not ceramic.
I can't find any cleaner that will do a thing to remove this ?stain?. Anyone know of anything that might help here?
Thanks
Geezer
Hi,
Have you tried ajax? If that didn't work you could try automotive high cutting compound and a drill on a buffer. If that still doesn't work, use some wet and dry sandpaper until the stain is gone and then buff to a shine with the cutting compound
change the flourescent lights from cool white to warm white and enjoy the color.
possibly rust staining from a hot water tank thinking about failing?
maybe cigarette smoking accumulation removable with spray nine or dow bathroom cleaner with scrubbing bubbles?
airplane urine leaking thru the skylight? :)
geezer wrote:

I would avoid the suggested aggressive scouring powder suggested. It can damage the tub. However I would consider any of the products recommended for acrylic (plastic) tubs. The original (yellow (not gold) label) BonAmi cleanser can be used as well as an automotive polishing product.
In the end there may not be anything that will help. You may want to consider the suggestion to changes lights and enjoy it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

it when our dishes get a yellow tinge to them and also the shower stall tile gets a treatment occasionally. It's easy to use and won't harm the tub surface. Home depot or the grocery store carries the product. Good luck. Chuck B.
You may want to consider placing a ultraviolet absorbing clear plastic filter under your skylight - it is cheap and available from most window glass dealers. This will significantly retard - but not prevent the yellowing.

Indeed! But I wanted to get rid of the yellowing I already have, which I guess I may not be able to.
JW

Have you considered trying "Iron out"? As I suggested in a previous reply? It works in a dishwasher and a cloths washer! It will not harm the surface of your tub. See below
geezer wrote:

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 18:01:52 GMT, "Chuck B."

I tried to Iron it out, but the Iron was flat and the bathtub was curvy.
OK, stupid joke.
As I suggested in a previous

Probably the strongest thing is lime away and soft scrub that is safe to use if it is surface contamination. If it is yellowed through it wasnt a stable plastic , you must live with it then. Paint bath in yellow tones not blue grey, or match colors, the tub is there to stay.
It's a fiberglass tub, and the lighter colors will yellow over time from UV rays. The discoloration is most likely imbedded in the plastic, and there's nothing you can clean it with. DO NOT use any abrasive powder. The tub might eventually start cracking. Before you decide to replace the whole tub, put some type of shade over the skylight, or you'll yellow the new tub also.

Thanks Bobb
I'll try some of that UV-blocking 'film' I see in hardware stores.
Geezer

geezer wrote:

It's not a stain. The plastic has changed color. The color cannot be changed back because it's turtles all the way down.

Have you checked with the manufacturers of plastic tubs.