How to remove rusted nut from rusted carrieage bolt?

My wife and I recently needed to remove to very rusted nuts from carriage bolts that we also rusted on that side, but not the other end.
after trying drilling a hole in the head end we put and easy out in and attempting to remove the nut from the rusted end of the bolt. We tried eating on it with a cold chisel to no avail. Finally we were able to split the nut with a chisel and a ballpien hammer.
When I wake up this morning I thought why not try a saws-all. First we cut off the end protruding beyond the nut. We still couldn't bulge it even though we had soaked it with penetrating oil last night. Then by prying with a cheap screwdriver I was able to get the blade of the saws-all between the metal it was bolted to and the rest of the bolt. That enabled me to cut through the bold and the rounded end of the carriage bolt fell off.
What I am wanting to know is if there is a simpler way to do such a chore. The head of the carriage bolds were still very shiny and I could not get a grip on them wish anything including various sized Cannel Locks.
--

Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-

Heat. Lots of it. Propane torch may not be hot enough. MAPP or oxy-acetylene may work.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 03:48:17 GMT, Grandpa Chuck

Side grinder with a cutoff wheel. Once you try that it will be your favorite tool for any metal cutting
Add pictures here
βœ–

I like my Makita die grinder with the two inch cut off wheel, 1/16" thick even better. The small size lets you get into spaces that you can't get into with the regular sized grinder. Have made some really accurate precision cuts that were not possible any other way. 14k rpm, so be careful.
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–
Nut Splitter
http://www.acehardware.com/sm-vpt-piece-nut-splitter-set--pi-1290356.html
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_34573_34573
Add pictures here
βœ–

Dremel tool and lots of cut-off wheels.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I would use an angle grinder if I had enough romo to use it. Otherwise use the Dremel. Replace it with a stainless steel one.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Foredoms are nice. I have one.
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–

cut nuts off replace bolts and nuts with galavanized ones.
permanent end of problem.
dont forget to support whatever the carriage bolt is holding while the bolts are swapped out
Add pictures here
βœ–
Now I am having an even worse problem with Agent. I cannot view postings unless I hit the "Reply to message" icon. And I cannot see any of my other newsgroups. I don't know what I did, but I don't like it.
Can any of you using Agent tell me what I probably did and more importantly how to repair it?
The only way I can find this one is by viewing all postings in the newsgroup and then alphabetizing my sender and then subject.
Thank you all for the suggestions. I do own a high grade Dremel tool with most of access aries. It beats me why Ryobi used carriage bolts through sheet metal to begin with.
On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 03:48:17 GMT, Grandpa Chuck

--

Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-
βœ–
Cutting torch. AKA: blue tipped chisel, acyetlene sixteenths, gas ax.

βœ–