How to Remove Outdoor Carpeting from Porch?

Scrape it. Your hardware store will have the appropriate chemicals as well. At least tell *them* if it's concrete or wood on the porch.

Reply to
G Henslee

That's another subject. You tell us?

G Henslee

That's one terrible waste of perfectly good beer. Think it would have the same effect if the OP strained it through their kidneys first ?

They are getting rid of the carpet anyway.

LOL

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

Hi, How do I go about removing the astroturf-looking carpeting from my porch?

Thank you.

Reply to
RS

Lift it up.

Reply to
User Example

Very funny - What about the stubborn spots where the glue is holding very strongly? Also, how do I get the dried glue off the porch after I get the carpet up?

Reply to
RS

It's concrete. Do I have to worry about asbestos in the adhesive if I'm going to scrape?

Reply to
RS

Try pouring beer on some of the stuff. We found by happy accident that beer did a fine job of loosening the rubberized backing once, but yours may not be the identical backing. If it is, buy the giant bottles of cheap beer and go to town.

Keith