How to Remove Nails from Mortar?

The previous owner put a bunch of nails in the Mortar on a brick wall to create a trellis. The trellis blew down in the hurricane and now I want to remove the nails. They were driven flush with the brick, so I can't get the claw of a nail puller under the heads. Even if you could you'd be in the Mortar recess and would probably damage the brick.
Anybody know how I can remover these nails?
jim

Just use a nailset to drive them in farther, and patch the surface holes.
AMUN

I'd leave 'em, but if you're dead set of extracting them, drill them out.
John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC\'d posts are unwelcome.
Mean People Suck - It takes two deviations to get cool.
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:34:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@westnet.poe.com wrote:

I agree, leave them. However you may get some rust on the brick, so as another reply said, drive them in further and cover them. Do not try to remove or you will damage the brick, unless you want to try to drill them out. There is a caulk made for mortar. Probably the best thing to use to cover them. Small bits of mortar usually do not hold, the caulk will.
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:10:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

That IS the problem. They are rusting and streaking down the wall.
It's not obvious to me I can drill these things. They have 16d-20d size heads which will probably drill off, then you'd have to drill straight down the shank. I think you'd have better luck drilling beside them with a masonry bit until they come loose but I'd rather not gouge out the mortar. I guess I'll just leave them for now and maybe put up another trellis and cover the streaks with a vine.
jim

If you drill the heads off, 90% of the problem is gone. Put a dab of paint on the remaining part or caulk over them if there is a depression..