How to Remove Knob on Kenmore Washer

I have a Kenmore series 60 washer. The control timer has gone to crap. A local appliance store had the same washer sitting out back in their pile of junkers and said I could have it, and also said as far as he knew, the timer was still good. I just opened up both machines and find that the wiring is all one harness and just plugs in. I thought this should be an easy repair. WRONG ! There are no visible screws to remove the timer. But carefully prying the knob, I see there are some screws behind the knob. Great, except one thing. HOW IN THE HECK DO I REMOVE THE KNOB?
It wont pull off, there are no set screws, nothing visible that I can see....... The f###ing thing just wont come off.
Can anyone help.
Thank U George

Push knob in and unscrew to left...at least if it is less than 15 years old. That's the way customers used to steal the knobs from the display models in the store I worked in.

I love it, Tom! Great answer! Kind of like if you lost your car keys and wanted to find our how to start it without the keys, ask a car thief. Thanks for the laugh!
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:03:49 -0600, george@________.com wrote:

Most just push in (like when your selecting a cycle) but instead of turning CW turn it CCW. Some timers have a cap right in the center of the knob. Pry that cap off with a small screwdriver and you'll see a nut that needs to be removed.
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:03:49 -0600, george@________.com wrote:

I found the answer myself here: http://www.cheapapplianceparts.com/washer_repair.htm
Simply screw it CCW and it comes right off !!!! Now who would have expected that :)
Maybe this will help someone else.
george@________.com wrote:

unscrew the center of the knob and you will see a NUT holding the plastic part onto the shaft... then remove the nut and then the rest of the knob(the back part) will come off.....

Hi,
Some common "how to remove the timer knob" are collected here..... http://www.applianceaid.com/washerknobs.html ....that may help.
jeff.