How to remove Jalousie window

I have a Jalousie window in a steel frame. The exterior wall is Block w/stucco. And the wall has Aluminum Siding. There is Capping around the current window. How can i remove the window without destroying the Capping ? I don't see how to remove the Capping because it goes under the J Channel around the window opening & i cant remove the nails, which are under the siding. Also it has some kind of Caulking that is so hard i can't even cut with a utility knife. ( never saw caulking this hard ) Is there any way i can remove the window thru the interior side ? I herd there is a 1/2" lip around the exterior side of the window which will stop me from pulling the window into interior side. Any suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
desgnr

Yep, not an easy chore because of that lip. You may be able to pull the frame towards then center of the window and collapse it so it will pull out a side at a time, but then again, you may not. You can try cutting the frame with a reciprocating saw to weaken it, but you may end up making a terrible mess if you don't have success.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You can cut up the frame with a side grinder to get it out but how will you get the new one in and sealed against the wind without trashing the siding? I think you are doing siding work before you are done.

Reply to
gfretwell

You can't. Time for Plan B. Sorry.

RicodJour