How to remove glue from glass table

Page 2 of 2
replying to secretivelad , DEB wrote:

I have the same type table and same problem, but the glass broke and I want to remove the metal pieces to re-make the coffee table or if someone knows where to re_purchase the round metal pieces that the legs screw into...i may have to do that, if I can"t remove adhesive..please someone help!!
To DEB, who wrote:
"I have the same type table and same problem, but the glass broke and I want to remove the metal pieces to re-make the coffee table or if someone knows where to re_purchase the round metal pieces that the legs screw into...i may have to do that, if I can"t remove adhesive..please someone help!!"
If the glass top is already broken, you can use a torch and heat the pieces that are glued to the metallic parts you want to recover. The best way to do it without special tools is to reduce the size of the glass portions aro und the metal parts (use an old cloth to cover the glass and a hammer to hi t and shatter the glass - USE PROTECTION) and then place the metallic parts with whatever is left of the glass glued to them in the oven and heat them up to 150 C or 300 F and they should come apart (you may need to reach hig her temperatures, depending on the adhesive that was used to glue the metal to the glass).
Good luck!
We broke the glass wall on a racquetball court.
The maintenance guy got the glue off with one of those oscillating multitools.
I used a hot air blower at a temp of about 250*c .within a minute or two wi th a slight tap from a plier it was dislocated.surprisingly the remanent gl ue was washed away with normal dishwasher soap and sponge.maybe a hair drie r would take a longer time with heat directed to the metal part only. .