How to remove door closer cover

I have door closer whose pressure I want to adjust. After googling, I determined that it is a surface-mount. The door closer has a plastic cover with 2 holes on each end and one on the bottom. No screws are visible, they look like holes in the casing. No amount of pulling seems to be able to remove the cover. There are no manufacturer markings on the cover. Is there a common way to remove such a cover?

Is this a commercial closure? Often, there are two allen head secure screws on top. I believe it's a 1/8 allen wrench. Loosening them will allow the cover to be removed. Then you can access the three (usually three depending on the brand) pressure set screws using the same size allen wrench.

Some of them do not have covers. The holes you see might be the adjusting screws. Try to look inside and see if they are hex shaped for an allen key.
Otherwise posting a picture would help.

I looked inside before posting. The holes are about 3-4mm diameter. There is nothing that I can see that looks like a screw for any head or bit. It's just a darkness, even with a flashlight shining in. If I try to probe the opening with a small screwdriver, it goes in about an inch before encountering something, and in one of the holes, the thing being encountered isn't a surface that stops the screwdriver so much as it diverts the screwdriver to one side.
I'd like to post a picture, but I'm using Google Groups to access this forum. What is the next best way to post a picture? (I don't do social media, and I've learned long ago to be anonymous on usenet).

I have never used Google Groups so I don't know if this will work, but to post photos I usually use http://tinypic.com/. I upload the photo there, then it produces a URL link that I can copy and post in the message. People click on the URL link that I post and that takes them to the photo.

Well. That's quite convenient. I uploaded the picture to http://tinypic.com/r/2jadj89/6. However, I found that the picture can be accessed without the rest of the webpage content as
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2jadj89.jpg .
About the holes, there are two on the right-side facing edge just like the two on the left-side facing edge in the photo. The hole on the bottom appears to be identical. There are no wholes on the top except for where the spindle pokes through.
On 3/8/2013 10:15 PM, AndyHancock wrote:

Is this a commercial closer on a steel door? LCN closers have 2 very small phillips heads screws on top. Some brands have screws on the ends. It does seem to me I've had some that just kind of snap on. I guess I/we would need some more information. What type of door? What shape is the closer?
--

Keep the whole world singing . . .

LCN uses allen head screws.
Flat screw driver under the edge, pry it up? Might snap off.
I have door closer whose pressure I want to adjust. After googling, I determined that it is a surface-mount. The door closer has a plastic cover with 2 holes on each end and one on the bottom. No screws are visible, they look like holes in the casing. No amount of pulling seems to be able to remove the cover. There are no manufacturer markings on the cover. Is there a common way to remove such a cover?
On Mar 11, 12:52 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

'fraid it might come down to that. Thanks...I shall mull it over. Don't want to get on the wrong side of the landlord.