How to remove brick from patio to correct unenveness?

I need to remove some bricks from a brick patio to fix an unevenness problem. Removing the first brick turns out to be trickier than I thought. Any suggestions?
mtco wrote:

Are the brick in sand or concrete. With sand I just use a screw driver and or a Jimmy and get to work. Clean out as much sand around it as possible and it will come free. As you have guessed the rest are easier.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit