how to remove blower motor in gas furnace in attic?

Hi all,
I have a Carrier gas furnace in my attic: Model # 376AAW036055 Product #376AAW036055AAFA Serial #0385C82455
and, I would like to know if there is a trick to remove the blower motor? (the motor for blowing air through the house ventilation system). It seams to be in the back inside this drum-like compartment. I don't see how the motor comes out of there unless you try and pull the whole "drum" compartment out as well, which also looks difficult. If the whole furnace top came off, that would be much easier, but it looks like the furnace top is not removable. Also, if anyone knows if I can get a repair manual or a website that shows diagrams, that would be much appreciated. Thanks! Ricky Roma snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

blower assembly slides out pretty easily after removing a few screws. It should not be necessary to remove the top. Look carefully at the square flat plate that the blower outlet is secured to as that is the part which generally slides out.
Don Young

I think I'm closer, but it's still not obvious. I see where the unit could kind of slide out, but I loosened the screws to the sliding brackets, and it still won't budge. I can only see one side of the unit. I don't think the other side has a removable wall, plus, that side of the furnace is against the wall (about 6" away). So this side that I'm working on looks to be the only access in. Any other advice? Ricky Roma.

usually one or more locking screws that have to be removed and one might be where you can't see it. Sometimes the slides and grooves are pretty crudely made and this makes them slide hard and hang up in places. Move it back and forth and side-to-side as you pull. Just be careful not to break or drop anything and be sure all wiring, including any ground wires are disconnected. I feel pretty sure it will slide out once you get the hang of it.
Don Young