How to remove a small tree

Nothing wrong with this method. It would be my first choice...

Beats using a one eyed plow mule and a chain.

Reply to
Oren

This is getting to be like beating dead dogs, but........how dang tough can a SIX FOOT pine tree be??????

Reply to
Norminn

Real tough; using a circular saw for removal!

Beat a dead horse long enough, you end up with a dead horse with bruises...

Reply to
Oren

To make it easier, go to the branch line and start digging around the tree. If the tree does up uproot immediately which it only does on really small trees, cut the exposed roots behind the tree, back up, and give it a jerk.

A slow pull, cut some expsosed root behind the tree, and give it a jerk has always worked for me.

Before you do it, make sure you have a place to dump the tree and make sure you have dirt to fill the hole.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

make certain there are no water sprinkler power phone cable etc underground lines in area..........

if you opt to try and pull stump.

a guy did that around here and caused a mess.

managed to pull some underground utilty lines and his neighbors sprinkler line. neighbor wasnt home.

he made the evening news:)

Reply to
hallerb

Tree roots have dirt, sand, and rocks mixed in. Roots will dull a saw very rapidly. The one time I did a tree removal, it was sawzall, and a heck of a lot of work.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"desgnr" wrote in news:T4sLj.5408$XC1.4369@trndny08:

As mentioned, axe.

I reciprocationg saw with a junk blade is ideal. Dig below grade around root. Cut.

Reply to
Red Green

on 4/15/2008 5:55 PM Stormin Mormon said the following:

Like another has said, a 4x4 pickup and a sturdy rope. I've pulled out small (8' tall) maple trees and a large 'Rose of Sharon' bush with my truck.

Reply to
willshak

willshak wrote in news:HNGdnfeTSu6d7pjVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

Man, that tops macho Saturday morning dump runs with the PU.

Reply to
Red Green