How to remove a circle from a circle

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=lBU&sa=X&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw 00&bihu7&tbm=isch&tbnid=GRE5UnyHabg0fM:&imgrefurl=http://www.dell-laptop-battery.com/65w-new-ac-power-supply-cord-for-toshiba-satellite-a200-series-p-1816.html&docid=vjWT7eUZbwimyM&imgurl=http://www.dell-laptop-battery.com/images/categories/ATHP7000.jpg&w `0&hE0&ei=8mHvUIfXO5KC9gS9yIC4BA&zoom=1&iact=rc&durf0&sig8204960822776715989&page=1&tbnh8&tbnw 4&start=0&ndsp4&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0,i:118&tx3&tyd
Here is a link to a photo of my sister's laptop. She said the laptop fell on the cord. I think what happened was that when the laptop fell on the power supply a plastic ring on the end of the plug came off inside the laptop port.
Any creative way to get remove it?
-- Stephanie: What did you do today? Leonard Hofstadter: Well, I'm a physicist, so I just thought about stuff. Stephanie: That's it? Leonard Hofstadter: I wrote some of it down.

I've seen that happen with other barrel type connectors.

Undamaged? If you don't care about damaging it, you could use a drill bit just larger than the hole. Try drilling at very low speed so the bit snags on the ring rather than drilling through it. Once you get it snagged, pull the drill out. If that doesn't work a tap or an EZ-out will be sharper and might snag better.
On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:10:23 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

The outside circle has to be undamaged. The outside circle being the laptop itself.
The power supply plug has popped off into the laptop. I need to get the old part out before I can re plug the new power supply.

99 cents on sale right now at HF
<
http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_16048.jpg

<