How to relevel fieldstone patio

I want to relevel my patio it's 20 x 20. The fieldstones are large and really heavy...very thick. I can post or email a pic of the project. I want to remove either half or all stones mark them and have a printed picture of the exsisting layout. They are on a sand base which is no good. So I would move the sand somewhere and replace with stone dust rent a gas pounder then move the stones back 1 by one. the question is how to square it off how much stone dust do I use to what height. I just need advice on the planning.
email is