how to refill hydrastatic drive on Gilson/Monty Ward lawn tractor ?

How does one refill the hydrastatic drive in a Gilson-built, Monty Ward '72 lawn tractor ?

any help appreciated- where's the fill plug ?

if there a special procedure ?

thanks in advance

Reply to
DesertBob Jr.

well, since nobody else is answering, I'll add my little bit of wisdom, or lack of it:

I don't know anything about this particular tractor, but the hydrostatic drives GENERALLY have a fill plug somewhere on the hydraulic tank - the tank may be under the access panel on the floor in front of the seat. If you're not sure, the plug will probably be a round plug with a square socket in the top that a 1/2" or 3/8" drive ratchet will fit. If the plug is not on top, it may be on the side of the tank and doubles as a level-check hole (when oil reaches the height of the hole, it's full - much like a rear-end on a rwd truck or car). Sorry for a lack of specifics, I really don't know this brand of lawn tractor, but no one else seems to be attempting to help.

Reply to
louie

You got one of those pieces of shit too? I got one myself. Constantly breaking down... The speed is terrible, I can walk faster than that thing. I'm pretty much ready to junk it except the engine. I'll look on mine and see if I can figure out where to fill, but cant do it today.

Gotta run

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff