how to reduce friction in dog-harness-belt virtually *impossible* to lengthen?

There's at least (I think) several types of around-the-chest dog around-the-chest-and-neck harnesss.

The way mine (well, my dog's) works, for adjusting the fit, is the belt-like material feeds through a little plastic buckle or whatever it's called, doubling back on itself, via a *very* tight fit.

Even when new, it's a bear to force a bit of the belt up through it a bit, forming a wee loop barely large enough for a tong (?) of "fine" needle-nose pliers into it, so that with that you can pull a bit of the belt through it, and pull down the other hole's part -- I guess you have to see it to understand it.

ANYWAY -- once the harness gets a bit used, pushing and pulling the belt through that buckle-thing becomes, well, virtually

*impossible*. Apparently wedged in, stuck tight.

QUESTION: what can you do to make it slide easier? Probably not eg 3-in-1 ie petroleum-based oil, I suppose.

Ideas?

For those who have this same kind of harness for their dogs, how do YOU adjust the size?

(Reason I need adjust the size: small dog (bichon), one month or sometimes more between haircuts, outward-thickness of "coat" is *so* much less after a haircut (gets a "puppy cut") that if not shortened he can get his front legs out of the around-the-chest part of the harness.

I've decided to buy another harness, and adjust it for apres-haircut, and the other for just before haircut. But the current one is just *impossible* to adjust.

Thus my problem.)

THANKS SO MUCH!

David

Reply to
David Combs

-snip-

Can't help on your old harness- but if you're buying one anyway, I love the 'Yuppy Puppy' harness [Walmart about $10] for my Pug-

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht