how to (re)install Corian

I'm remodeling my bathroom and I want to keep the Corian counter top. In the existing installation, the countertop was glued to the walls slightly above the height of the vanity and it rests on the vanity basically only at one point. No other adhesive was used. I suspect this is not the correct way to install the stuff.

What is the right way to install it? Do I put a bead of silicone down on the vanity and drop it down pressed up against the walls. I have heard that some special care is needed for Corian installations.

There is a possibility I might want to cut it on one of the edges that goes against the wall. I have cut and routed Swanstone, another solid surface material, using a carbide tipped jigsaw blade and carbide tipped router bits with no problem. Can I use these same tools on the Corian?

Reply to
Adrian Mariano

The silicone used was probably just a caulking. The weight of the Corian counter top should be enough to hold it in place.

Yes.

Reply to
RB

A couple of dabs of 100% silicone (remains flexible when cured) will do. The weight of the corian is enough - the dabs of silicone just keep it from shifting.

Carbide tipped router are fine. Avoid using your jigsaw (per Dupont recommendations.)

Bram Sorgman

Reply to
Bram Sorgman