How to prep a basement floor for paint

I just removed an old carpet that had been glued directly to the concrete floor. The carpet came up ok, but now I've got all this glue to remove before I can paint the floor.
Any suggestions as to how I should proceed?
Anthony
I have a similar problem. Glue is very difficult to get off, you're talking some sort of petroleum based remover and even at that the surface will be difficult to get clean enough to paint IMO.
goo gone or goof off will remove old glue...
DONT PAINT CONCRETE! Its a endless repaint problem. concrete just isnt supposed to be painted.
better to vinyl tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic tile, or recarpet.
the fiurst time you move something on a concrete painted floor you will understand...
heck fake hardwood is another choice