How to pour concrete on a bevel

I want to poor a slab of concrete about 3ft wide and 9ft long......its a walkway to my basement, however, I want to poor this on a bevel away from the door so water will not build up by the basement door but rather away from the door and down a drainage pipe.
How do I poor concrete on a bevel? As we all know, concrete always runs level.
thanks

When did that happen?
Set the forms to the pitch you want and finish it. It will be thick enough to hold a good angle.

I guess you aren't away of the pile test, used by contractors to evaluate concrete before they allow it to be dumped off a truck. They take a sample, put it in a standard container, invert the container and withdraw it. If it slumps, the concrete is rejected.
As a matter of fact, concrete is difficult to make level. That's why you see lots of guys with vibrators, shovels and screeds.
The main risk in working concrete is not to play with it too much, which can cause it to separate.
You have been watching too many TV entertainment shows and/or movies where the supposed concrete they use pours like water.
Real concrete is thick, too much water in the mix will make it very weak and porous. You have to work to make it level and can be finished at other angles just as easily.

LOL! Thanks for the giggle.
AL wrote:

Good grief! I sure wish that were true sometimes. Go take a look at the underside of an overpass or even just a curb.
This reminds me of the lady who asked me if the concrete I was placing was the kind that caused asbestos!
Good luck with your pour.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.