How to paint the wooden Attic gable vents

Hi,
This summer Iam applying paint to the external wood trims and doors. But the attic gable is out of reach for me by my ladder. Is there a easy way to paint the attic gable vents both ends? Iam guessing there may be a way to remove the gable vent and paint it and put it back from the attic instead of climbing fro a ladder? Or I have to buy a long ladder? It may take a 27' ladder to get in there.
Appreciate if anyone have done this will share there comments.
Sam.
<< It may take a 27' ladder to get in there. >>
If you have no particular later use for a long ladder, rent one. Or if you aren't comfortable at that ladder height, rent some scaffolding. A third option, but pricier is to rent a ManLift, usually trailer mounted (need a tow vehicle, of course).
<< I am guessing there may be a way to remove the gable vent and paint it and put it back from the attic >>
I wouldn't bet much money on it, but have a look to be sure. HTH
Joe
Put some paint in a baggie and throw it at the vent.
Or do the logical thing, get your butt up there.