How to Paint Room that was Prepped for Wallpaper

A few years ago, we were going to put wallpaper in a room and had the walls prepared for the wallpaper. It never got done and now we are thinking of painting the room. Considering the fact that the walls were prepped for wallpaper, is there anything special that will need to be done to the walls before painting them?

Please reply to the group. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Bubby

depends on the prep.

I would think after a couple years a good wash would be about all.

Then fill any minor imperfections , sand and prime .

The wallpaper would cover defects that will show if painted , so check for anything that needs spackling .

Reply to
marks542004